Friday, August 25, 2017

Progress in Coloring - A little story. I am also using Mo's Digital Pencil - Two Jill

A little progress in coloring.
I started Copic coloring in 2011 because i was encouraged to give it a try by two of my friends in a Yahoo scrapbooking group i belonged to.
I honestly wasn't convinced..and i didn't want to spend the money.  So to start, i bought the primary colors, thinking i'd be able to blend and get what ever color i wanted. LOL

Then i refused to purchase marker paper.  LOL
For some reason, i didn't want to buy digital stamps,  i guess i thought they weren't the "real thing".  Now they are my favorite type of stamp.  I actually was an avid Cricut user, i loved making scrapbook pages of my grandkids and that's all i needed to accomplish that goal.  I think i leaned towards die cutting because I was a really poor rubber stamper...it never seemed to come out clean.  It wasn't so bad stamping on any cardstock, but when i started stamping on marker paper that became expensive when i made errors in rubber stamping.

Next step was card challenges.  Oh my,  i entered several.  My top 3 challenges that i liked to enter were, Mo's Digital Pencil, Tiddly Inks and The Greeting Farm. 

I then started expanding my digital collection and discovered "Digi My World".  Annie and I had something in common, Autism.  (Her son and my grandson both have autism. ) That was the first time i became a DT.

That started a whole new reason for coloring and creating more cards.


Now to why i am posting this card.
Since this 2011, i've taken several coloring classes, and have studied videos on YouTube, learned Copic combos and so on.
Kit and Clowder Online Coloring (Alyce) is very encouraging and wants her students to learn.  She often comments in her Facebook group about how we started somewhere (coloring) and how we "get better".

If anyone strolls through the early days of my blog they will see my "progress".
To save you that "strolling".  i have chosen an image/card that i made.
This image is the only image i know of that i threw away.  I kept the card base but threw the image away.
So i thought, seeing as Alyce asked her Facebook members to share where they "started" to where they are now, i thought this would be a good example and story.  LOL

Here is my original coloring of this Mo's Digital Pencil image called, Two Jill.
You can see the original blog post here.  (my photography has improved also)


So now in 2017 i have created this card with the same image.

I have learned many things, not just coloring, but also taking photos. I started with a small digital camera and now use my iphone to take photos.  A lot has changed in 7 years!

I have also learned to love metal dies because i had been on a design team and became addicted.  I still have my cricut and now a silhouette, but tend to grab the dies first.

Dies i have used:
Marianne Designs - (rectangle doily) - LR0116
Marianne Designs - (eyelet sentment) -  CR1241

About a 2 years ago, i decided i wanted to learn more about creating blog banners.
My daughter taught me the Photoshop basics and i started creating Facebook banners and some blog banners.  I expanded into making my own paper last year and this year i have started making my own digital images. My daughter creates the images that i draw into digital images.
All of this started because of my friend's encouragement in the Yahoo group.

I have used:
We Are 3 Digital Paper- Floral Expressions available here.
We Are 3 Digital Paper - Butterfly Sky available here.
We Are 3 Digital Paper - Hearts in Love available here.
We Are 3 Digital Sentiments - Smiles available here

Click here for the We Are 3 Etsy Store link
Click here for the We Are 3 Digital Shop located in Stamping Studio

Challenges:

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love receiving comments...it makes me so very happy!