Friday, March 17, 2017

Top of the Mornin' to You! Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Last night i realized that i had just a small amount of time to create a St. Patrick's Day card.  I have been wanting to use my Prima Julie Nutting stamps for some time!  So i decided to do some paper piecing.

I pulled out some of my We Are 3 Digital Paper Collections and began piecing this lovely image called, Jaclyn, from Prima Julie Nutting.
 First, i stamped the entire image on white cardstock to use as my base for paper piecing. What i did next was selectively ink up the stamp.  For instance, i inked up just the head arms and neck and then i stamped it on skin color paper.  Then i inked up the legs and stamped that on the skin color paper.    After i had stamped all of the sections, i proceeded to cut out the image.  Now for the fun part, it is like putting a puzzle together.  I tried to cut out the colors based on what would be dark and light.  To accentuate the dark areas i used my watercolor Prima pencils.
I added a few gel pen dots to give some character to the dress. 
Next i wanted to try to tie some embroidery floss to the bodice area.  I used my paper piercer and a foam mat from my paper flower tools to make the small holes.  The bodice area is super tiny and i had to be careful not to damage the area when i made the holes.

I have used a few dies:
Shamrocks- Memory Box
Background design - Memory Box
Stitched circle - Nellie Snellen

I used the green paper from We Are 3 Digital Paper - Spring Brilliance Collection available here.













                                          We now offer We Are 3 products in two stores!
Click here for the Miss Daisy Stamps store link.
Click here for the We Are 3 Etsy Store link


Challenges:

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love receiving comments...it makes me so very happy!