Friday, March 14, 2014

Tag you're it...

I am visiting my daughter in CO currently and i thought i'd try to do my favorite thing (paper crafts) with limited supplies.  What started my juices flowing was a challenge at My Besties Aussie..i've made a couple of projects/cards for them and when i have some extra time, i like to make something for them and combine their challenge with others on Paper Playful (the source of all challenge things).

Here is my tag using My Besties IMG 911 and i might add i got some inspiration from a tag on Pinterest.
So i have to share how i made this because i don't have as much crafting supplies at my daughters and she is so neat/tidy and able to get so many things in a small space that it is hard for me to find things without going through every box.  So i hand cut the heart (no die cutting machine), then i found a "border" punch i bought for her to make those rolled flowers and cut the tops off of them to get this border around the heart.  I had also purchased the MS butterfly punches for her..and found the ribbon in her stash to match.  The roses i did just pick up at Michaels $1 bin and the mushroom pics were in the flower decorating/ribbon section.  I bought the hemp, but found out later digging through one container that she already had some.  The flowers were ones that came in those "mini" milk bottles..she had in her stash.   So, yes, she does have a few copics, but i've purchased more for her in the last couple of years so that i wouldn't have to bring them on the plane.. (we are so limited on the plane now)

Also, the true story about the Copics?  Well, when Archievers first had one of their classes, i asked my daughter if she wanted to go..and she said, oh i have several of those because of the Art Classes she had been taking at College..and no longer used.  She said i could have them cause she didn't use them..ha, ha..now she does use them when she has time to color...however, now she has a new batch...and hers are mixed into my stash..and i wouldn't even know which ones were hers any more anyway.

Copics used:
skin- YR000, 00, E02
eyes- B02
hair- E31, 33, 34, 37
hearts/mushroom- R35, 37, 39
shirt/sock- R81, 83, 85
sock/trim- YG03, 17
mushroom base- E00, 21
wings- BG10, 11, 13, R81

Challenges:
My Besties Aussie- Tag w/flower
Blog Quick Quotes- Tag You're It




8 comments:

  1. Wow ...what a beautiful Tag ..beautiful colouring, love all the detail work :)
    Thank you for joining us at My Besties Aussie Challenge
    Hugs
    Rose DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful tag, love the heart shape!
    Thank you for joining us at My Besties Aussie Challenge
    Hugs Karin - DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Tag. Thank you for playing with us at My Besties Aussies Challenge.
    LG Geesje DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the story about the supplies at your Daughters Place. She must get her talent from you! A beautiful Tag! Hugs Julie xox Aussie Besties

    ReplyDelete
  5. A crafter will always find a way! Fabulous job on this tag...but the best part is the story of how you pulled it all together! Thanks for joining us over at Quick Quotes!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats ...you won at My Besties Aussie .Please check to see :)
    Hugs
    Rose

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your sweet adorable image and of course the story behind your project too!

    Thank you so much for joining us at Quick Quotes for our challenge in March!

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments...it makes me so very happy!