Thursday, December 5, 2013

Snow Mail/ Special Delivery!

I have to tell you this story.  When i first started card making, i educated myself on how to color w/copics with two friends..we encouraged each other.  That lead to purchasing digital images which lead to my first Design Team commitment with Digi My World.  That commitment lead to another Design Team (that no longer exists) ...stay with me...that lead to Card Crafter's Circle DT...trust me i am getting to my point.. :0)  On that DT i was honored to work with many sponsors images and one of them happened to be Stamp Art by Kathryne.  Let me say, that she is one of the most kindest, talented and generous people out there.


So my point, I was asked to Guest Design for this month and January for Stamp Art by Kathryne and i am so honored to be asked. Thank you Kathryne!

Click Here to see all of the images at Stamp Art by Kathryne.
Stamp Art by Kathryne's blog is here.

Here is the cute image i got to work with..This image is called Snow Mail and you can find it by clicking Here.


 I am trying to keep with the mail theme, so i used my Spellbinders "stamp" die.  I've also used Cheery Lynn's snowflake die set..you get all of these snowflakes and 4 more on one die.

I am still learning the chunky enamel embossing technique, but this time with a twist, i used Stampin Up embossing folder..i think it is called "lattice"..and i am not sure if it is still available..but there are others out there that would accomplish the same effect.

The pinecones came in a bundle at Michaels with the red berries.

Copics used:
snowman- W1, 3, R0000, CB
hat- YG03, 17, 67, R35, 37, 39
scarf- BG11, 13, 18
buttons- YG03, 67
twig arms- E25, 29
bird- R20, 22, 24, BG11, 13, 18
noses-YR12, 04
hat fur/pompom- C0, 01, CB

I used Stickles/diamond for the fur, Extreme Glitter Paint/hologram for the snowman/snow.

I've made several cards using Kathryne's images if you are interested click here and all of the posts will come up for you...

Challenges:
DRS Designs Rubber Stamps Challenge- Glitter it Up
Fab 'n' Funky-  A Touch of Frost
Inky Impressions Challenge- Snow or Winter


11 comments:

  1. This is a beautiful card, Bonnie. Delightful image (wonderfully colored), and the stamp die was perfect!! You are so right about Kathy. She is most definitely a sweet, generous lady, and always so encouraging. Congratulations on the guest DT -- it is a win-win for both of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your GDT, Bonnie--well-deserved, for sure! :^)
    Love what you did with this image--the embossing is such a cool idea! Love the fun stamp die cut, your DP, snowflakes and fab embellies! Great card! :^)
    Hugs, Penny

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous,fab image and details. Congratulations on your GDT.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Bonnie. It's an honour and pleasure to have you Guest Design for me. Thank you for accepting and thank you for your kind words. I love your sweet Snow Mail card. Beautiful job, Bonnie. The stamp theme is adorable. Love it! Love your colours and beautiful layout. The pine cones are very pretty. I love it all. Thank you for a beautiful showcase of the image and your linkie to see all your other wonderful creations with my images. You inspire me! The best part of my job is seeing you have fun. xx Kathryne

    ReplyDelete
  5. fabulous, thanks for joining us at FnF :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic! Thanks for sharing your talent with us in the Inky Impressions "Winter or Snow" challenge!
    Hugs,
    Leslie, DT
    http://leslieturner58.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful holiday card, beautifully coloured and designed. Thanks for joining us at Fab'n'Funky. Pat K x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really like the texture on this & the postage die cut - perfect for this adorable image! Thank you for joining us at DRS Designs!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the effect on this one! Very sweet snowflake details to and the mini pine cones are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a sweet image Bonnie & so wonderfully colored. I LOVE those little pinecones & had bought a couple of packages right before Christmas but haven't even used them yet. YOU inspire me with your creativity & I so wish I could produce these wonderful creations as quickly as you do.
    Hugs, Janie

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments...it makes me so very happy!