Thursday, May 2, 2013

Retro Recipe Box with Plaid and Polka Dots

What is the chances of having something in my stash that would work perfectly for a Retro challenge and BE retro?  I had wanted to alter this recipe box and now i have the perfect reason to complete my project..which actually helps me get things done.  Yay!

I found this recipe box at a charity shop and i love tin recipe containers, because that is what i first had when i got married, mine was blue/yellow and white, but i liked these colors because it will match the kitchen at the lake.

So i pulled out an older stamp called "Just for You" Amelia from The Greeting Farm with a "cooking" theme and made altered this recipe box.
I also had some buttons that are reproductions of vintage buttons, added some baker's twine and now i have a "new" retro recipe box.  I attached the framed image by just putting foam dots on the lid and not the bottom of the box.

Copics used:
skin- YR00,0, 00, R20, 22
hair- E55, 57, 59
scarf/apron- R35, 37, 39, Y15, 19
dress/jeans- B24, 26
star- Y15, 19
shoes/muffin tin- W3, 5
mitts- E81

Challenges:
The Greeting Farm- Retro Fresh Challenge/Polka dots/plaid
Allsorts Challenge- Anything but a card

4 comments:

  1. Great job on your box!! Perfect image and I love the buttons!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bonnie, this is stupendous! Love the old recipe box and the old buttons! Amelia is so sweet with her little muffin tin!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would have loved such a cute recipe box when I was young and actually cooked, lol! Love the fun papers & colors, that darling image, your die cuts, coloring, buttons & twine! Just adorable, Bonnie! :^)
    Hugs, Penny

    ReplyDelete
  4. OK, now this is more like it. What a cute, cute idea. I can just see it in the kitchen at the lake house. It is charming, and I very much like the colors as well as the image.

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments...it makes me so very happy!